Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What I'll Gain When I Lose

Periodically I will start making lists of all the wonderful things I could do if I wasn't ridiculously overweight.  Tonight I'll share of the things that I look forward to most.

The Motivation :


1) Take pictures with my children and family without immediately deleting them.  You're not going to see a lot of before pictures seeing as they don't exist.  The last full body of picture of myself is from the 6th grade.  The year after this I hit 200 lbs and that was the end of me letting other people take my picture.

2) Go on the rides at the fair.  I lived in a pretty remote area of Canada, I won't swear on a bible but I'm almost positive that I've only been on one ride in my entire life, The Mindbender roller coaster at West Edmonton Mall, it was a super tight squeeze fitting my butt in the seat.  I have a huge butt, it doesn't bode well for roller coaster rides. So when we go to the fair I wait in line with my 8 year old and then watch her as she has time of her life from the ground.

3) Go swimming.  I took 8 years worth of swimming lessons, I used to be able to swim like a dolphin and I love it.  The last time I went swimming was about 10 years ago.  I live 2 miles from a beach and yet I'm always sitting in the sand watching my daughter have all the fun.  I don't need to be skinny to get in a swim suit, maybe in 60 lbs or so.

4) Try on cute clothes.  I always swore that I would never buy elastic waist pants, 2 months ago I broke down and bought two pairs of the largest size, elastic pants that WalMart carries, before that I was squishing into the most forgiving pair of stretch denim I could find.  After 6 months of being my only pants they finally gave way and a hole formed in the leg from my thighs rubbing together.

There are many others and maybe I'll post them as they come to me.

Today's Exercises :


Tonight I went on a two mile bike ride, I was ready to give up halfway through but that's the funny thing about going on a bike ride, once you get where you're going you still have to get back.  My thighs are burning but it feels amazing, it feels like change.  I've been walking 2-5 miles a day for the last 3 weeks, riding the bike took a lot less time, but a lot more energy.  I couldn't even take it down a notch, short of walking my bike, I was trying to go as easy as possible but any way I sliced it the energy required to propel the bike was my upper limit.

This is my bicycle, I bought it 2 years when I was on a pretty good health kick.  It was kind of an impulse buy.  Has a huge seat but no gears.  Very cute however.

It was getting dark when I took this so it's not a great picture.  I'm sure you get the idea.

- Kate

Week 3 : 15 lbs down, 165 lbs to go
Current Weight : 310 lbs
Start Weight : 325 lbs
Goal Weight : 145 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment