Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Scale Obsession

My scale is the ultimate frenemy.  Every morning I wake up and one of the first thoughts that pop into my head is "Yay I get to weigh myself"!  I leap out of bed, no snooze button, like a kid on Christmas morning.  I hold my breath and watch the red LED display flash, willing it with my mind to stop somewhere, anywhere lower than yesterday.

On days like today where I'm up 1.2 lbs it's all downhill from there. I think twice about my morning walk, I look longingly at my friends guacamole nacho chips and wonder if it's all really worth it and if I'll ever really succeed. Doubt whispering in my ear, like the devil it is, I somehow make it through the day with no offenses and find myself sure that tomorrow will show the loss I expected today.

On days when it's a loss there's an extra bounce in my step, I eat better than the day before, feel prettier and have a ton of energy.  I go to bed knowing that all my hard work today is going to pay of in spades the next day, even though that is not always the case.

I know the solution to this rollercoaster is to quit weighing myself everyday and pick one day a week to weigh myself.  I say, where's the fun in that?  What's a little drama between a girl and her favorite/most hated inanimate object.

- Kate

Week 3 : 14 lbs down, 166 lbs to go
Current Weight : 311 lbs
Start Weight : 327 lbs
Goal Weight : 145 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment