Sunday, August 11, 2013

Heart Rate Monitor

I've had a heart rate monitor for about 7 years.  When I moved to Montana the chest band got packed into a box that ended up in my shed with about 50 other boxes that I never unpacked.  I've half heartedly tried looking for it a couple time over the last 2 years.  Yesterday I decided to go online and buy a new one, but I realized the cost of the chest band is almost as much as a whole new watch/band.  So I rolled up my sleeves and went digging through boxes.  As luck would have it I found it in about the fifth box I opened. I did a little dance, I'm so happy I didn't have to buy a new one.

Wearing a heart rate monitor motivates me to exercise.  Not only that but it makes me work harder, I want to see that calorie burn sky rocket.

I spent all afternoon doing different activities trying to see where I got the best burn.  From highest calorie burn per minute to lowest :

1) Just Dance
2) Riding my Bike (not stationary)
3) Laundry / Light Cleaning
4) Walking

I ended up doing 2 and a half hours of Just Dance yesterday night. According to my watch I burned 2100 calories!! I don't know how accurate this watch is I've read the margin of error for women and HRM's is +/- 18%.  However I'm one pound down today over yesterday so it's entirely possible that it is correct.

I didn't do any jogging yesterday so I'm not sure how it will compare calorie wise, I'm considering starting c25k tomorrow.  We will see...

- Kate

Week 4 : 18 lbs down, 162 lbs to go
Current Weight : 307 lbs
Start Weight : 327 lbs
Goal Weight : 145 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment