Sunday, August 18, 2013

I Took a Day Off...

I took a day off... and it didn't kill me.  I still ate within my calorie range, but for the first time in almost a month I didn't do any cardio.  I did a 10 minute arm toning video and that is it.  I had thought I would take a break the day before yesterday because my body was so sore and I was really tired but I couldn't stop the voice in my ear from telling me if I didn't do it today then I wouldn't do it the day after, or the day after that.  So I laced up my shoes and started my 5k program, then I did some Just Dance and about halfway through got a killer headache. I quit and laid down.  I ended up sleeping for almost 10 hours and then woke up and still had a headache so I thought I better just cool my heels.

I took some ibuprofen and took my girls geocaching.  If you've never been you should really check it out, especially if you have young kids.  It's like a urban treasure hunt, my 8 year old had the time of her life. One of them was in a historic cemetery and the cache was in a tree that had a hollow spot in the base of it, I went to grab it and about 100 bees started coming out of the hole in the tree, we turned and ran screaming like a bunch of little girls.

When I got home I really wanted to work out, but I refrained.  I stayed within my calories, but they weren't "quality" calories if you know what I mean.  By the end of the day my headache was a distant memory and I woke today feeling refreshed.  I've already done 15 minutes of abs and a 15 minute cardio video.  I'm going to go do the 5k week 1 program which is 20 minutes. I'm also going to do an hour and a half of Just Dance tonight.  Tomorrow I'm starting Jillian Michaels - 30 day shred, wish me luck.

- Kate

Week 5 : 22 lbs down, 158 lbs to go
Current Weight : 303 lbs
Start Weight : 327 lbs
Goal Weight : 145 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment