Thursday, August 15, 2013

Random Updates

I feel amazing. Completely and totally amazing. I'm almost 4 full weeks in and am not having doubts or having "bad" days (although I'm aware that they will come).  I find myself wondering how long with this will last.  I used to start a diet every other week, but by noon of start day it was out the window.  What was different this time that I'm feeling so optimistic and successful and how do I stop lazy, binge eating, fast food loving Kate from rearing her ugly head back into my life?

I wish I could pinpoint an ah-ha moment, so that in the event that I lose motivation I know what to do to get it back.

A friend of mine made a comment last night that got my wheels turning.  I had told her that I had quit smoking.  She says "Wow, you've quit drinking, quit smoking, are exercising a lot and eating really healthy.  Isn't that a lot to take on all at once?  Aren't you worried you're taking too much on and are going to fail?" I truly feel awesome and capable of all this change.  It isn't even really difficult right now.  I want all of this so bad, I know all the books say take baby steps but I don't want to.  This is who I want to be and I don't want to wait any longer.

I've spent the last two days rearranging my house so that I have more room in the living room for exercise DVD's and dance games.  My 8 year old daughter has been playing the games with me, which is awesome.  I want her to learn healthy habits and never have to struggle with it the way I have.

I also gave myself a french manicure to keep my hands busy and avoid thinking about having a cigarette or a greasy snack.  It's working. I am officially 2 days tobacco free and going strong.


-Kate

Week 4 : 20 lbs down, 160 lbs to go
Current Weight : 305 lbs
Start Weight : 327 lbs
Goal Weight : 145 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment