Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Quitting Smoking

I promised myself that after my cigarettes ran out I would be done.  At 7 pm today that moment came to pass.  I couldn't even relish it because all I could think about was how this was the last one.  Twice I started putting on my shoes to head to the store and buy more, I even made it out the door once before turning around and heading back inside.

I've quit before (or I suppose taken "a break" would be more appropriate).  I know I just need to make it about 2 more days and I'll be alright.  Even knowing that it will get better tonight is still killer.  Every 10 or 15 minutes, I realize I'm missing something and when I stop to figure out what it is I realize my subconscious is trying to trick me into having a cigarette.

I'm using patches but after sweating during my workout the stupid thing fell off.  They're about 6 dollars a piece so it's super aggravating.  I will pick up a e-cigarette tomorrow, they have a little bit of nicotine in them so if I can't get these patches to work I know I won't be completely destitute.

This is the last time I quit smoking.  It's too much work and aggravation. I give anyone who is reading this permission to kick my ass if I ever start again.  Better yet break my fingers, it's pretty hard to hold a cigarette with broken fingers (but not my thumbs okay, I'm kind of fond of them).

I think c25k is going to be a lot easier with 2 cigarette free weeks under my belt.  T - 17 days!

On a lighter note, while the scale hasn't budged in three days, I had a really great day.  I stayed on my calorie budget, got a great burn and my neighbor gave me six giant zucchini's which are going to help me get tons of veggies into my diet for the next few weeks.

-Kate

Week 4 : 18 lbs down, 162 lbs to go
Current Weight : 307 lbs
Start Weight : 327 lbs
Goal Weight : 145 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment