Thursday, August 8, 2013

The World is My Treadmill

I'm lucky enough to live in one of the prettiest states in the country (in my opinion) so when faced with the prospect of either buying a treadmill or hitting the real pavement, I chose pavement.  In the past I have always used a treadmill but when I moved it was too big so I left it behind.  I thought I would miss it but it turns out the outdoors aren't so bad.  Rather than focusing on the clock on the treadmill I'm setting distance goals, which I'm finding causes me to spend more time exercising than I would if I was using a treadmill.

Pictured is the trail I've been using, I've been walk/jogging (okay, more walking than jogging) back and forth a .25 mile section for the last couple days.  Today I went back and forth four times in 38 minutes.  That's about 3.2 mph.  I'm happy with that for now, but am hoping to improve.  I'd like to be at 4.0 by the end of August.  

I've also been doing Just Dance on my playstation.  It's a good workout, however ridiculous I may look.

-Kate

Week 3 : 16 lbs down, 164 lbs to go
Current Weight : 309 lbs
Start Weight : 327 lbs
Goal Weight : 145 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment